WELCOME TO THE DRAGONFLY (32 CUES)
The key to Reliable Wireless is making
the system reliable, even when the radio is not.
FireLinx en Español
32-Cue Firing Module is the backbone of the FireLinx
Reliable Wireless system. Unlike conventional
slave modules that do only what they are instructed
to do by the Master, each Dragonfly module is
a complete, independent, and intelligent Master-firing
controller in its own right. This places the intelligence
of the firing system out in the field directly
attached to the E-matches and removes the radio
from the critical path. The radio is only used
for setup, not for firing. Designed from the ground
up to be a wireless system, not just a radio bolted
onto an existing module, the Dragonfly firing
module is also more affordable – about the
same price as many wired modules and significantly
less expensive than most wireless systems.
After three years of research and development
and the guidance of professional Pyrotechnicians,
the Dragonfly firing module is truly the next
generation of firing control.
- 32 cues per module, Firing 32V of power at 5A for up to 50mS.
- Cue On/Off capability for control applications.
- Every cue can be fired independently or simultaneously.
- Zero moving parts, 100% solid-state components, even the power/mode switch.
- The Module is completely encapsulated in tough epoxy, making it water proof, blast proof, and immune to the elements.
- The field replaceable main connector can be 50-Pin, 36-Pin or DB-25 to interface with many existing slat and connector boxes.
- Simplified setup – each module has a 4-Character text identifier for a maximum of hundreds modules. The module ID can be stored ahead of the show or set up automatically.
- External connectors allow wired communications, external power, and external trigger operation.
- Red and Green high visibility indicators show when the system is charged or safe.
- Intelligent and accurate continuity tests show incorrect wiring and warn of subtle cases of higher than normal resistance.
- Optional Magic Fire™ compatibility without additional matching modules.
- Optional connectors for signal wire are provided. Modules need only be wired to other modules, not to the Command Module.
- An optional external trigger allows a single module to be used as a manual firing system.
- Patented Reliable Wireless mesh network technology using the latest 2.4GHz Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) RF transmission strategies.
- The module will automatically cease firing if there is a loss of positive control from the Command Module.
- Each module can act as a communications repeater, allowing the control signals to be bounced around structures and obstructions, or to extend the range.
- Encrypted communications lock the firing module to its Command Module, preventing any intercepting or disrupting of communications.
- Heat-Core technology extends the operating range of the unit from –40 to +125 degrees F.
- Built-in temperature sensors detect if over- or under-temperature conditions are approaching.
- Over 60 Joules of firing energy, constantly replenished.
- SEPIC charge pump ensures that no power is available to the firing circuits until the system is armed and ready to fire.
- The system automatically safes and discharges the capacitors when inactive, shunting the charge bank to ground.
- Self-powered by highly efficient and long lasting internal batteries.
- User selectable firing voltages, 32V for maximum power or 12V for driving relays or special effects equipment.
- Built-in battery charger maximizes the life of the battery. The travel case is the recharging stand.
- Intelligent power control uses only the amount of power needed at the moment.
- Battery status is monitored and reported to Command Module.
FLX Dgnfly Mod Spec R-1, 1-06